The M7 – Ballast Regulator includes the following key features:
- Fully enclosed, climate-controlled cab
- Single-pass ballast transfer system
- 1”-thick hydraulically adjustable front plow
- Ballast wings with full joystick control
- Hydraulically driven, cab-controlled broom assembly
- Stone deflector
- Optional snow plowing/removal equipment available
- Ground-controlled, continuous power-up hydraulic turntable
- Cummins Tier III diesel engine
- Four-wheel hydrostatic drive
- Four-speed power shift transmission
- 110V engine oil and block heater
- Hydraulic warm-up valves
Dual-Purpose, four-season machine
Use the M7 as a ballast regulator during spring, summer, and fall. Then simply swap out several components to convert it into a snow-fighting machine in the winter. Three wing types available for all ballast-sculpting needs.
Three available wing types – fixed, rotational, and articulating
rotational – allow for precise ballast sculpting and profiling, while handling varying grades of ballast. In addition, the broom is easily adjusted for specific height and tilt requirements.
Forward and reverse functions
Not only does the broom function during either forward or reverse travel, but a hydraulic turntable allows the M7 to easily reverse direction on the track.
Lower cost of ownership
Since you only need one machine for both ballast regulation and snow fighting, you save on initial acquisition costs, maintenance costs, and even storage costs – lowering your overall total cost of ownership.
In addition, the M7 uses many of the same components as other Nordco machines, so you can stock fewer maintenance parts on your parts wagon.